How to track your crypto investments
Track your crypto investments
Track your crypto investments
Empower offers a cryptocurrency portfolio tracker as a feature in the free and secure financial dashboard. Now you can track your cryptocurrency alongside your other financial accounts, including your stock portfolio, bonds, employee equity, retirement accounts, real estate, art, gold and cash accounts.
Empower’s financial dashboard is designed to show people their complete financial picture — no matter if that includes one 401(k), a dozen credit cards, crypto, or any other combination of assets and liabilities.
For many retail investors tracking cryptocurrency investments is becoming increasingly important. By adding these new tracking features, you can see everything on your financial dashboard.
Features of the crypto portfolio tracker
- History at a glance: The tracker provides automated portfolio tracking so you can view the market value and performance of your cryptocurrencies over time. You can search for and filter your transaction history.
- Tracking on the go: The mobile app lets you keep track of your crypto portfolio and prices wherever you are.
- Overview of your complete net worth: You can review your crypto assets as part of your overall net worth. Empower will provide portfolio insights based on your retirement horizon and risk tolerance.
Important insights into the crypto portfolio tracker
Here are three things you need to know about Empower’s crypto portfolio tracker:
1. Your data is safe and secure.
You do not link your own personal wallet information. (In other words, there’s no need to track down that password.) Instead, Empower pulls public data for a secure glimpse at the price of your tokens.
2. You can add a variety of cryptocurrencies.
Empower is able to track thousands of tokens across hundreds of exchanges. From Ethereum to Litecoin to Bitcoin, we’ve got your crypto covered.
3. You can track your crypto straight from your dashboard.
How do you add your cryptocurrency to your Empower Personal Wealth dashboard? Just as you would for gold or art, you’ll be able to link your crypto as a “manual portfolio” by selecting “Cryptocurrency” under “Manual Accounts.”
- Give your account a name.
- Add your currency’s symbol, exchange and quantity.
- Track your crypto’s value.
The bottom line
More than 3 million U.S. households use Empower’s free financial tools to track their net worth and plan for their financial goals.
To take control of your financial life, consider these next steps.
- Sign up to use Empower’s financial dashboard. You can use the free financial tools to see all of your accounts in one place, track your spending and budgets, and manage your complete investment portfolio.
- Consider talking to a financial professional for more detailed guidance on your investment strategies.
The content contained in this blog post is intended for general informational purposes only and is not meant to constitute legal, tax, accounting or investment advice. You should consult a qualified legal or tax professional regarding your specific situation. No part of this blog, nor the links contained therein is a solicitation or offer to sell securities. Compensation for freelance contributions not to exceed $1,250. Third-party data is obtained from sources believed to be reliable; however, Empower cannot guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or fitness of this data for any particular purpose. Third-party links are provided solely as a convenience and do not imply an affiliation, endorsement or approval by Empower of the contents on such third-party websites.
Certain sections of this blog may contain forward-looking statements that are based on our reasonable expectations, estimates, projections and assumptions. Past performance is not a guarantee of future return, nor is it indicative of future performance. Investing involves risk. The value of your investment will fluctuate and you may lose money.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, CFP® (with plaque design), and CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it authorizes use of by individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Advisory services are provided for a fee by Empower Advisory Group, LLC (“EAG”). EAG is a registered investment adviser with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) and subsidiary of Empower Annuity Insurance Company of America. Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training.